Generally, using the laser to complete an EndoLase procedure provides very conservative treatment of the anatomy of the inside of the tooth.
The existing anatomy can easily be followed, and there is no need to enlarge the canal any more than necessary.
ErCr:YSGG laser appears to be capable of root canal access, cleaning and shaping, endodontic surgery, and effective in the elimination of microorganisms.
- Pain jokes no laughing matter to root canal specialists. Press release. American Association of Endodontists. March 29, 2000.
- Rizoiu, I. Kohanghadosh, F., Kimmel, Al.Eversole, LR. Pulpal thermal responses to an Er,Cr:YSGG pulsed laser hydrokinetic system.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 2000.
- Lopez-Marcos JF. Aetiology, classification and pathogenesis of pulp and periapical disease. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 2004;9(supplement): 58-62.
- Nair PN. Pathogenesis of apical periodontitis and the causes of endodontic failures. Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 2004;15(6):348-81.
- Nair PN, Sjogren U, Krey G, Kahnberg KE, Sundqvist G. Intraradicular bacteria and fungi in root-filled, asymptomatic human
- Sundqvist G, Johansson E, Sjogren U. Prevalence of black-pigmented acteroides species in root canal infections. J Endod 1989;15(1):13-9.